Wind turbine / wind farm optimisation and due diligence
Accurately measure power performance of wind turbines from the nacelle.
- Reduce uncertainty in P90, P50 and post-construction energy assessments and provide options for re-financing a wind farm with better-understood rates of return.
- Feed machine-learning / condition monitoring performance analysis with more accurate wind data.
- Calibrate nacelle instrumentation / transfer functions with free stream wind speed measurements and wind direction vs. yaw alignment.
- More accurately apply wind sector management and optimise operational limits such as cut-out wind speeds.
- Identify and quantify wake losses and provide options for better wake management throughout the wind farm.
ZX TM has been installed on a Lidar-per-turbine basis to provide site optimisation to wind farm owners. Working in collaboration with site owners, turbine manufacturers and independent wind and economic consultants a Total Wind Farm Optimisation plan can be defined and implemented cost efficiently and with known paybacks.