UK Wind Lidar Production Centre
Europe’s largest dedicated wind Lidar facility
Our Centre is complete with electronics and optical assembly clean rooms for producing, testing and servicing wind Lidar units. At its heart is the philosophy of lean manufacturing that aims to improve workplace efficiency, eliminate waste and improves quality based on real customer and market needs. We actively use a 5S System:
- Sort – where necessary tools and materials are removed from our workspaces to free up space.
- Set In Order – where materials and tools are organised to match the requirements for the work.
- Shine – where routine, deep cleaning is performed in the work area, and of tools and equipment. Not only does this stop potential problems being masked in clutter or dirt, it improves the working life of any equipment used.
- Standardise – where work is documented so improvements can be continuously identified and shared across the facility.
- Sustain – which requires the ongoing effort to maintain the 5S System. Evaluations, clear communication, ongoing training and the allocation of responsibility are all provided to ensure the benefits of 5S are not lost over time.
By providing a systematic framework for organisation and cleanliness, 5S helps facilities the avoidance of lost productivity, delayed work or unplanned downtime.