ZX Lidars (Zephir Ltd.) pioneered the use of wind Lidar in the wind industry over 10 years ago; today, Lidar is becoming increasingly established as a valuable technique in a wide variety of applications such as resource assessment, power curve measurement and turbine control.
An opportunity has become available for a Finance Assistant to join the ZX Lidars finance team, reporting directly to the Director of Finance. Primarily related to supporting the wider finance team with sales invoicing, credit control, purchase invoicing and purchase ledger but also undertaking other tasks as required.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally be qualified to AAT standard, either through study or via previous experience and willing to take on further study.
A summary of the main tasks can be found below.
Sales Ledger Assistance:
- Creation and maintenance of accurate customer accounts and details in Sage 200.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams as required, raise and enter sales invoices and credit notes for various ZephIR revenue streams into Sage 200. Sending these to customers and filing them with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Entry and allocation of customer receipts into Sage.
- Checking that export documentation has been correctly gathered and filed.
- Assisting with credit control activity, ensuring appropriate liaison with commercial/operational teams and escalation of any issues.
- Assisting with set-up and maintenance of Sage 200 project records for customer contracts and ZephIR units.
- Complete monthly accounting tasks as requited by Assistant Accountant, including processing of all purchase and sales invoices in line with month-end timetable.
Purchase Ledger Assistance:
- Receipt and/or scanning of supplier invoices received.
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders and goods/service receipts.
- Timely entry of invoices to Sage 200 Purchase Order Processing (POP) or Purchase Ledger modules.
- Maintenance of purchase ledger account details and allocation of payments and credit notes.
- Resolution of invoice queries and working with operations team to improve processes.
- Review of supplier statements and follow up of queries arising.
- Receipt of line-manager approved personal and HSBC expense forms, checking of receipts and expense forms to bank statements.
- Scanning of expense documents and receipts to relevant network folder.
- Entry of expense documents as invoices to Sage 200.